In our Intensive Care Department of Group Florence Nightingale Hospitals, we deal with the diagnosis, treatment and care of our patients with critical illness, conditions that require monitoring with advanced organ support systems and interventions.
· The Surgical intensive care unit clinically provides focused care and treatment for adult and pediatric surgical patients who need intensive support during the perioperative period (surgery period), including the pre operative, during and immediately post operative period.
· The Internal intensive care unit, on the other hand, carries out care and treatments for adult patients, focusing on cardiac, respiratory, neurological, hematological, hepato-pancreatic and all medical problems, especially in emergencies.
Group Florence Nightingale Hospitals internal and surgical intensive care units are closed units that provide 24/7 healthcare services under the direction of anesthesia and intensive care specialists.
In these units, multidisciplinary working principles are applied. Here outstanding experts from each field of expertise provide 24 hour consultation services. Our intensive care team, which carries out the care of our patients in all aspects, is in contact with the consultation, support and specialists of the responsible physicians, and they carefully apply the treatment plans approved by the relevant doctors.
Surgical Intensive Care Unit
· Adult and pediatric open heart surgery,
· Heart transplant,
· Liver transplant,
· Kidney transplant,
· Thoracic surgery,
· Brain surgery,
· Spine surgery
The surgical intensive care unit within the Group Florence Nightingale Hospitals, where such challenging surgical procedures are frequently performed, has an important function. As stated before, the ability to perform and maintain challenging surgical interventions can only be achieved by the presence of well equipped and experienced intensive care units.
Restoring physiological values after prolonged surgery, close monitoring of metabolic processes can be achieved by hemodynamic and respiratory support. Some of the patients who have had a difficult surgery in the postoperative period, which is a critical process, can overcome this with organ support systems.
· Renal replacement therapy,
· Intra-aortic balloon pump,
· The existence of support systems such as extracorporeal oxygenation makes it possible to perform these surgical interventions.
Although the number of intensive care units where these systems can be used is increasing, it is still not at the desired level in our country.
Surgical intensive care units provide services in close observation, care and treatment of patients with critical condition, neurological patients, lung patients, patients with multiple organ failure as well as postoperative patients.
Internal Intensive Care Unit
Provides medical services for adult patients. In our internal intensive care unit, organ support systems can be used just like the surgical intensive care unit; this is a unit where respiratory, cardiac and renal (kidney) support can be provided.
Pediatric and Adult Cardiovascular Surgery Intensive Care Unit
For patients who will undergo pediatric cardiac surgery and interventional angiography procedures, the correct approach before and after the procedure and during the intensive care is very important.
In Group Florence Nightingale Hospitals, advanced diagnosis and treatment of all premature (premature), neonatal, pediatric and adult congenital heart diseases are applied by pediatric cardiology and pediatric cardiac surgery clinics.
In our Intensive Care Department
· Critical adult and pediatric patients are given vital support with adequate equipment, equipment and a multidisciplinary approach for all ages and weights.
· Patients who need advanced life support are followed up and treated in intensive care (such as ECMO, ventricular assist device)
· There are artificial respirators suitable for the age and weight of the patient at each bedside and monitors suitable for all kinds of monitoring.
· The vital functions of our patients are monitored 24 hours a day with advanced monitoring systems and necessary medical interventions are performed.
All laboratory tests and imaging tests can be provided for patients at any time of the day.