Otorhinolaryngology (ENT), is interested in the medical and surgical treatment of ear, nose and throat diseases and head and neck diseases seen at all age groups.
At our Group Florence Nightingale Hospitals Otorhinolaryngology (ENT) Department;
- Hearing and speech disorders,
- Children's ear, nose and throat,
- Salivary gland diseases,
- Allergy test,
- Voice disorders,
- Nose and sinus diseases,
- Throat diseases,
- Balance disorders,
- Sleep disorders (snoring and sleep apnea),
- Head and neck cancers,
- Diagnosis and surgical treatment of tumoral structures located in the head and neck are performed.
Complaints of our patients are assessed by clinical and radiological exams, including endoscopy, computed tomography (CT), scanning and allergy tests and the most appropriate medical treatment or surgery options are given.
On the other hand, examination, diagnosis and treatment of childhood ear, nose and throat diseases are also successfully performed. The treatment of childhood ENT diseases such as breathing difficulties, snoring, frequent infections, hearing loss, hearing disorders and allergies are handled and diagnosed and treated in cooperation with our Child Health Center and Pediatric Audiology Centers.
Among the ear, nose and throat diseases, nose and sinus diseases are most frequently treated. In our department, diagnosis and treatment of ENT diseases such as laryngitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis and reflux are also successfully performed.
In addition to general ENT surgeries such as nose and sinus, surgical treatment of sleep problems such as snoring and sleep apnea is also successfully performed
Our ENT specialists, who carefully plan the examination, diagnosis and treatment of inner ear-related balance disorders, especially vertigo (dizziness), successfully treat many patients suffering from such diseases.
In which areas do we provide services in our Ear Nose Throat (ENT) Department?
· Hearing and Speech Department: in this section, diagnosis and treatment of hearing and speech problems are performed. In addition, it is possible to eliminate speech disorders with surgical procedures and therapies related to the vocal cords.
· Our specialist doctors in the field of Head and Neck Surgery, meticulously perform surgical treatments of face, mouth, pharynx, larynx, salivary glands, robotic thyroid gland diseases. In the treatment of head and neck cancers and tumoral structures located in the head and neck, our specialists assess our patients with a multidisciplinary approach in cooperation with specialties such as medical oncology, radiation oncology, and pathology.
· Rhinoplasty Surgery: Rhinoplasty surgeries are also among the surgical treatment procedures applied in our department. Functional and aesthetic nose surgeries are performed successfully.
Which Diseases and Treatments is The Otorhinolaryngology Department interested in?
- Mouth cancer,
- Allergic rhinitis,
- Sudden hearing loss,
- Tonsillar inflammation,
- Headache and facial pain
- Beta (tonsillitis caused by beta hemolytic streptococci),
- Nose curvature,
- Bleeding of nose,
- External ear canal infection (swimmer's ear, external otitis),
- Lip cancer and mouth cavity cancers,
- Pharynx cancer,
- Adenoid growth,
- Laryngeal cancer,
- Odour and taste disorders,
- Earwax (plug),
- Meniere's disease,
- Nasopharynx (nasal) cancer,
- Obstructive sleep apnea (OSAHS / Respiratory arrest during sleep due to obstructive reasons),
- Middle ear inflammation (Acute Otitis Media-AOM),
- Otitis (middle ear infections),
- Voice disorders,
- Sinus cancer,
- Motion sickness,
- Salivary gland cancer,
- Vestibular neuritis (Balance nerve inflammation).